Would you like to join DRA?
The Drug Research Academy (DRA) aims at providing a framework to increase the quality of the PhD education in pharmaceutical sciences at the University of Copenhagen.
Our main focus is to
- promote interdisciplinary and translational research via e.g. lectures, seminars, networking activities etc.
- increase productivity and supervision quality via e.g. courses/workshops on transferable skills and biannual progress reports
- ease the administrative workload for PhD students and supervisors via expert local administrative guidance
- promote internationalization via the ULLA network and double PhD degree programmes
Drug Research Academy is open for all PhD students working within the field of pharmaceutical sciences.
As a DRA student you are obliged to have
- PhD project within pharmaceutical sciences
- At least two supervisors (mandatory for all PhD applicants at the Graduate School of Health and Medical Sciences)
- Principal supervisor must have completed the online course “PhD supervision: rules and regulations” before submitting the application for enrolment (every 5th year)
New principal supervisors must complete the course “PhD supervision: advice, tools and practices” within the first year of enrolment (mandatory for all principal supervisors at the Graduate School of Health and Medical Sciences)
- Mandatory courses:
- Annual DRA Summer school (3 x 1.3 ECTS)
- Scientific Project Planning and Management course 1 (first year) & 2 (third year) (3.1 ECTS)
- Introduction to University Pedagogy (3 ECTS)
- Responsible conduct of research 1 & 2 (2.6) (mandatory for all PhD students at the Graduate School of Health and Medical Sciences, RCR 2 being mandatory for PhD students enrolled on 1 August 2020 or later)
- Submission and approval of biannual progress reports
- Annual performance and development review (mandatory for all employees at UCPH)
In addition, DRA PhD students are encouraged to participate in DRA activities, the ULLA Summer school, use the elective evaluation questionnaire, the elective questionnaire on supervision expectations, and the elective career development plan.
When you apply for enrollment as a PhD student at the UCPH PhD School, please choose the graduate programme "Pharmaceutical Sciences".
If you are already enrolled as a PhD student and want to change graduate programme, you can apply for change of programme at the Graduate School, see more about programmes and find application form.