DRA support to symposia
To promote the formation of a strong infrastructure as well as strong national and international networks, DRA supports a number of open scientific arrangements (symposia or lectures), alone or in cooperation with other universities, academic organisations and/or pharmaceutical companies.
The programmes for future meetings appear on this website as soon as they are available.
Apply for symposia funds
Please use this application form and send it to DRA at DRA@sund.ku.dk.
Applications are considered on a continuous basis and DRA requires a minimum of two weeks from application to event to allow for sufficient time for handling the application and announcement.
Maximum grant for symposia: DKK 30,000 (4,000 DKK per speaker)
- The main organizer must be a DRA supervisor.
- Importance of the lecture as part of the training of the PhD students affiliated with the programme.
- The symposium may be organized alone or in cooperation with other universities, academic organisations and/or pharmaceutical companies. In this case co-funding is required.
- The DRA symposium will be announced under Drug Research Academy.
- The sympoium must take place at UP2 in one of the auditoria. Only if no auditorium is available another room at UP2 can be accepted.
- PhD students should be invited to social arrangements, dinners etc. (minimum 1 PhD student per 5 participants).
DRA covers costs in connection with hotel and travel, dinner or lunch, and refreshments before or after the symposium.
- Maximum amount in average for speakers from outside Greater Copenhagen: DKK 4,000 (travel costs, hotel, dinner or lunch)
- Maximum amount in average for speakers from inside Greater Copenhagen: DKK 1,000 (travel costs, dinner or lunch).
Hotel price: DKK 1,000 per night (2022 level).
No. of nights with hotel accommodation: Speakers from Europe 1 night, speakers travelling from overseas 2 nights.
Airfare: Maximum reimbursable airfare is economy class. If economy class is not available for a specific flight, an amount corresponding to the cost of an economy class ticket will be reimbursed.
Ground transportation: The cheapest possible means of transportation should be selected.
- DKK 150 for a full day symposium covering lunch and refreshments (in this case support to dinner cannot be granted).
- DKK 35 per participant for refreshments during the symposium.
- DKK 850 (2020 level for state agreement) per participant for dinner or lunch (not in-house) with external partners, DKK 100 for lunch (in-house).
- At least 1 PhD student per 5 participants should be invited to dinner/lunch (NB see "In connection with a PhD defence" below).
If your application is approved, DRA will transfer the grant directly to the account at the department indicated in the application. It is not possible to transfer into an external account (e.g. DR 50). In case you spend considerably less than budgeted for and granted, the remaining amount must be returned to DRA.
If the lecture is combined with a PhD defence, DRA can pay for one extra night at the hotel for the lecturer, but will not cover travel expenses. It is encouraged that one or more PhD students participate in the dinner and DRA will cover this expense along with expenses for speakers/organizers not paid for by the Graduate School. The defending PhD student can only participate in the lunch/dinner after the PhD defence.
DRA will announce the lecture at the homepage, internal mailing lists at PharmaSchool, info screens, the SUND calendar, KUnet, LinkedIn, Twitter, as well as via DRA's external mail lists. The organizer informs his/her own network.
DRA provides a form of the list of participants. Please circulate the list for attendance and return it to DRA afterwards.