Workshop: Design your own Poster – Tailored PowerPoint Training
Even if you are not invited to speak at your next conference you still have a great opportunity to share your results, get feedback from your fellow scientists, identify future collaborators, and make a lasting impression on prospective future employers at poster sessions. A well-designed poster that gets across your main ideas can make the difference between an uninspiring and a stand out presentation.
Designing a scientific poster requires a good understanding of the features in PowerPoint and a sense of designing flow, models and graphic overview, which can be aligned with a succinct and well-rehearsed presentation.
This workshop combines the technical part of designing with PowerPoint - and the conceptual part of communicating through your own design.
After the workshop, you get the possibility for either written or in a 1-1 online meeting personal feedback on your poster.
The aim of the workshop is:
- About content, organization and visual appeal.
- Designing in PowerPoint – beyond the default slideshow
- Prioritizing and structuring your scientific poster
- Build graphic models that underlines your messages
- Choose the colours scheme that creates focus and a balanced design
- Build up your story – and present it online
- Personal feedback on your draft poster
Place: This workshop will take place 21 April 2021 13-16 PM, Online (ZOOM)
Please bring a recent poster or elements from a future poster.