DRA Summer School
The summer school takes place 24 August 2018, Thorvaldsensvej 40, 1871 Frederiksberg C (Faculty of Science). The course is a mandatory part of the curriculum for PhD students affiliated with the graduate programme in pharmaceutical sciences, Drug Research Academy (DRA).
Key note speakers at this summer school
- Helle M. Sickmann, Clinical Pharmacology Specialist & Head of Biomarker Development in Alzheimer's Disease, H. Lundbeck A/S
- Lenea Nørskov Blanc, Senior Medical Writer, Novo Nordisk A/S
- Jacob Jelsing, co-founder, Gubra - starting up a preclinical research company with no investor capital
The summer school objectives are to stimulate networking between PhD students affiliated with DRA and networking between PhD students and senior researchers in pharmaceutical sciences. It offers a chance for the PhD students to discuss their project with other PhD students and supervisors.
- 1st year PhD student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
a. Critically review abstracts and poster presentations
b. Reflect on oral presentations
- 2nd year PhD student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
a. Present and discuss a scientific poster
b. Reflect on oral presentations
- 3rd year PhD student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
a. Present and discuss their research project orally
b. Critically assess abstracts and poster presentations
c. Reflect on oral presentations
There is a mixture of plenary lectures and DRA PhD students’ presentations: 3rd year PhD students will present their projects orally and 2nd year PhD students will present their projects on posters.
The PhD students' oral presentations will be reviewed by a committee of DRA supervisors. The posters will be reviewed by 3rd year PhD students. Prizes to best oral presentations and best poster will be granted.
Plenary keynote speakers will give a lecture on broad topics relevant to PhD students in pharmaceutical sciences.
The summer school is concluded by a dinner for all participants.
The course is a mandatory part of the curriculum for PhD students affiliated with DRA.
Mixture of plenary lectures, discussions, oral and poster presentations. Preparation: An abstract of the project must be submitted by 2nd and 3rd year students. The PhD students must prepare either an oral presentation and act as poster assessors (3rd year) or a poster (2nd year), or prepare to act as poster reviewers (1st year).
Course director: Professor Hans Bräuner-Osborne E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course secretary: Birgitte Søndenskov and Marianne W. Jørgensen ( email@example.com)
Date: 24 August 2018
Registration Summer School 2018
PhD students have to:
- Register via this registration form before 15 June 2018.
- Choose programme participation via this programme participation form before 1 July 2018.
2nd and 3rd year PhD students have to make an abstract of the work presented at the summer school. An abstract is to be uploaded in the programme participation form above: Abstract template
Registration (VIP and others)
DRA supervisors, DRA scholars, and others (except PhD students) have to register their participation via this programme participation form before 1 July 2018.