Workshop on Intercultural Communication
Understanding how to effectively communicate with people from different cultures is crucial. For instance, should I mail, phone or pay someone a visit to get my message across? Should I use Danish or English? How do I give feedback to a foreign colleague? If you have ever wondered about these or similar questions, then this is the workshop for you.
What will I learn?
- Your own and your colleagues' cultural background
- How you can optimize your intercultural communication and give effectively feedback
- Danish and university working culture
- How you can support new (international) colleagues
- Communication and context
- Understanding different communication styles and how they affect others
- Verbal vs nonverbal communication
DRA PhD students have first priority, both Danes and non-Danes (max number of participants: 25)
Mark de Vos, Senior International Mobility Consultant, International Staff Mobility (ISM), University of Copenhagen
Mary K. Kobia, Dual Career Consultant, International Staff Mobility (ISM), University of Copenhagen
Register before 8 August 2019.
Lunch is included.